Post Op Day 1

Well, I’m almost through my first day post abdominoplasty surgery. My husband was home with me all day and we hung out.  🙂
My biggest trouble through the night was staying comfortable in the recliner with regards to my tailbone.  Ever since I lost weight if I’m slouching on the couch my tailbone will hurt.  I’m also not able to do sit-ups correctly because of my tailbone.  My husband said he always noticed it was “high”. I’ve never asked the doctor because I just work around it. But….needless to say I have to adjust my seating when I’m reclined or I get really sore in that area.
I slept pretty well through the night and finally woke up at 5:30 realizing I was in pain.  It wasn’t unbearable, but definitely pain. I took one Vicodin and realized by the next dosing I needed to take two. I remember the doctor saying to stay ahead of the pain and now I know why.  🙂 The good thing about feeling the pain for a bit was it reminded me that I indeed have been cut and need to be careful.
I have compression socks on and they itch periodically.  I think they come off at my follow up appointment tomorrow.  Only this afternoon did I begin to feel itchy just under the binder.  I was instructed not to take off the binder until the follow up tomorrow, so I’m hoping then to be able to see my incisions and my new belly button.
While I did show you how I look wrapped up I probably won’t be showing the incisions.  Sorry. As I told my doctor, that’s an area only my doctors and husband will ever see.  🙂 I took some “before” pictures in somewhat tight clothing so I’ll have some comparisons to show you later. I can already see a major difference in my abdomen.
Today I slept off and on, ate and drank, texted for a bit and have relaxed pretty well.  Every time I get up to use the restroom I go for a short walk through my downstairs.  It feels good to move and I know it’s good for blood circulation as well.
So, that’s about it for today.  I’m sore, but nothing more than I expected and that is good. Things are going fairly smoothly and I’m grateful.

About Leah@MyNewEnding

I'm a 44-year-old wife and mother who begins her day with God and coffee. When my youngest of 3 kids started college I went from a SAHM to a full-time job. I love being an attendance secretary. A lot has gone on since I started this blog in 2009, but one thing remains the same: I will not give up on my health. Join me as I share what that means for the season of life I'm in.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Post Op Day 1

  1. Primal Gwen says:

    You are doing great! Re your tailbone, I know by xyphoid process bone (the breast bone) sticks WAY out, and that is very common to people who have been obese. The fatty tissue inside pushes the bone out. And it calcifies in that spot, so after you lose weight, it can be obvious. Not from people looking at you, usually. I find my bra sits right there, and it's one more reason I wear wire-free 'sports bra''s. Might be the same thing with your tailbone? Fatty tissue pushed it out, fat gone, bone sticking out a bit remains?

    Congrats on getting through day one! 🙂


  2. Anonymous says:

    So glad you made it through! Was thinking about you car rides and such……be thinking of and praying for you on day 3….take care my friend!


  3. Kari says:

    Sounds like you are doing great! For the itching under the binder- After you get the ok to remove it for showers then you can wear a tank under your binder to stop it from rubbing/itching. For the tailbone- I love my chiropractor! I had had tailbone pain for 15+ years and after one tailbone adjustment the pain has never returned. I see him for other stuff, but no tailbone issues.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s