Today as I was praying I really thought about my family and how blessed I am by all the familial links in my life. So, in no particular order, I’m thankful for:
- My husband for his faithfulness to me in marriage, to provide for our family and for being a part of our children’s lives. Even when his job or college left him with little extra time he has always made time to play with the kids or listen to me talk.
- My children who each are turning into their own people. There’s my kind-hearted artist girl, my crafty helper-leader girl and a boy with a great imagination. While each day has it’s ups and downs there are plenty of good times where these kids bring us great joy.
- My parents and brother (my only sibling) who are still in touch with each other though we are in three different states. It’s a blessing to be a part of a family that loves each other and has not let differences break us apart. To God be the glory!
- My sister-in-law, who opened her heart to us from the day she got serious with my brother, and who has been quite the trooper and stood by him through a bout with cancer last year. She’s one tough cookie and I know God brought her into our lives for a reason.
- My in-laws on my husband’s side. I don’t think a blonde, blue-eyed girl was who they imagined their Mexican son/brother marrying some day, but I never would’ve known it by how they acted. From day one they were polite and caring and have loved me for who I am over these 16 years of marriage. My mother-in-law has also been very willing to teach me to make mexican food and share her tips, instead of harboring them as her own special treats to make when she’s visiting.
And last, but most certainly not least…
- I’m so thankful for my salvation. The fact that Jesus would give his life for me, a sinner who is so full of mistakes, amazes me. That He would go even further to bless my life with the above is an added bonus. I don’t regret one moment I have lived as a Christian, and will never tire of thanking Him for not giving up on me.
Happy Thanksgiving Leah!