Lori Lynn over at Sunflowers ‘N Daisies was kind enough to award me the Beautiful Blogger award last week. I’m supposed to tell you seven things about myself and then forward the award on to a few other blogs.
So, here’s the random things about me:
- I collect spoons. My collection started with one spoon and a rack that my grandmother gave me when I was in junior high. I now have over 100 spoons, about a third of which are from overseas. Some I’ve purchased myself, some were gifts and some have been purchased by friends when I find out they are traveling and sneak them some money.
- I got married and had my children at the same ages my mother did. We both married at 19, had our first child (twins for me) at age 21 and our second child (pregnancy for me) at 24. We even had the same sex of children at each birth. We’re also both still married to our wonderful husbands, 36 years for them and 14 years for me.
- I gave my life to Jesus as a little girl, and no matter how great the temptations through junior high and high school I managed to keep living for Christ. He has been my strength and salvation through all of the ups and downs in life.
- One of my favorite days is a rainy one, where I can sit down with a cup of coffee and a good book.
- I can never decide if I love fall or spring more on those email questionnaires – when the time rolls around for each of them I enjoy them both immensely.
- I’ve always thought it would be fun to a step aerobics instructor. Of all the classes I’ve taken I’ve always loved step aerobics; and how fun would it be to make money while exercising!
- My natural curly hair didn’t kick in until almost nine years ago. It was very straight growing up and I used to wish I could have curly hair like my mom did. Somewhere around 12 or 13 years old it started to get wavy, to the extent that I couldn’t let it dry natural if I wanted it straight. Then suddenly it started going a little wild, I cut it VERY short and it grew in curly. It’s been curly every since, and I love it!! It’s one of the things I love about the humidity here in Oklahoma…it makes my hair easy to deal with since it curls right up with little effort from me. 🙂
Now, I’d like to pass this award on to the following bloggers. I’m keeping my list short this time, but there are many blogs I follow and people who comment on here that are a blessing to me in my weight loss journey.
- Tricia at Endurance Isn’t Only Physical – She’s had great success in losing 100+ pounds, finds ways to keep fit even if her body isn’t cooperating and keeps a smile on her face through it all. Oh, did I mention she’s the giveaway queen?
- Lori at Finding Radiance – She’s recently celebrated her 2nd anniversary of losing 100 pounds. Her daily photographic accounts of her eats and workouts are a pleasure to peruse.
- Barbara at My Journey to Healthy Living – Currently fighting the weight loss battle she is honest and real through every victory and defeat that comes with the task of losing weight. I love the beautiful smile she shows in every photo of herself.
- Christine at My Life… – Christine is showing by example that it is possible to eat right and find time for exercise while being a wife and mother of a large family. She’s almost to her goal too.
Have fun checking out their blogs. I’m sure you’ll find them just as encouraging as I have.
🙂 you are too sweet
I have naturally curly hair too, but it also wasn't until a few years ago that it kicked in. My hair was always kind of wavy, but I kept my hair kinda short. I've started growing my hair out, and it's even more curlier. Since moving back to Nebraska, my hair has been a little more to deal with though, b/c it's more humid here, and the curl is a little more frizzy!
My oldest daughter's hair started our curly, went straight from about 5 to 11 and then went curly again! It was so strange as I had never heard that before.
Congratulations on the award – you are a beautiful blogger!
Thank you for the award and your sweet comments! I truly consider you one of the beautiful bloggers in my life.
I love learning more about you. I love all your 7 things.
I will accept and post this on my blog in a few days, I just have to come up with 7 interesting things about myself. 😉