Today’s Weight: 205.0
Loss/Gain: +5.0 lbs
Total Loss So Far: -26.0 lbs
When 205.0 stared up at me this morning I just started crying. So very frustrated. These thoughts went through my head:
- What?!?!?! Yes, all week the scale has been a bit over 200, and even though I’m not sure why it hasn’t shown 205 since my weigh-in two weeks ago. In fact, it was just 201.5 yesterday.
- I have been tracking all my food using Lose It! on my iPod Touch for over two weeks and I ate less this week than last…but I show a GAIN???
- Wednesday night when everyone got Sonic I declined and settled for a greek yogurt and some Triscuits when we got home. I had room for a snack on my calories, so I chose a healthier option. For what again?
- I wasn’t as diligent with the water, but the last two days I have been…and yesterday I drank 128 ounces of water…again, for this to happen??
- This is stupid. It seems like I tried to be diligent and it only ruined me.
- I need to stop crying and just get ready for my day…. I won’t give up, but this is the absolutely worst weigh-in I’ve experienced in my weight loss journey, and I’m so embarassed, especially because it was the week I really began to fine tune things. I’m so confused and frustrated.
I went on to get ready, didn’t cry any more, made my coffee and sat down to do my devotions. I was very distracted by this, but I got through that.
Folks as if I don’t have enough going on in my life right now to stress me out I had to add a HUGE gain after a week of eating less. The last time I was up I knew exactly why. I had eaten beyond full all that week and not exercised once.
I have only been over my daily calorie budget of 1,318 one day this week, but last week I was over it SIX days (and higher the week before, so last week I saw a 5-lb loss). This last week I actually had a daily net under my budget on the days I worked out – that is to say that I might have been right on budget or just over, but after the program deducted what I burned in exercise I ended up under my daily allowance.
So, needless to say I’m a bit frustrated and truly at a loss here. I’m not sure if I ate too little this past week, or just having those moments where I didn’t eat when hungry and then ate a larger meal was counterproductive, or not getting 64 oz. of water in daily affected me, or is this like week 2 of The Biggest Loser wherein most contestants maintain after having a large loss?
I’ll keep plugging away and make myself take this weigh-in with a grain of salt. It’s one week, it’s not my entire journey. I have to take the little bit of mustard seed faith I have left in myself and do what I know to do to see my weight go down. It’s not over folks.
Oh, but one thing that is over for me is being a part of the Summer Challenge. One of the requirements is to get a picture of the scale at weigh-in and I just haven’t been getting that done. I’m still setting myself a goal of losing ten pounds and exercising at least four days a week through the summer, but I need to back off being officially involved in a challenge right now.
Thanks for bearing with my long posts recently. I know it’s a lot to take in, but this blog is mostly an open-book journal for me to get my thoughts out and share them with you in case they might help you in some way.
I hope you have a nice weekend! I’m off to clean house, drop girls off for volunteering and get my mind off of my weight for the moment.