I was kindly given the Happy 101 blog award by Gina at Fit by 41, Maybe 42. She is too kind! 🙂
My understanding is I’m supposed to list ten things that make me happy and then try to do at least one of them today. Then I am to pass this award on to 10 other people and their blogs.
Ten things that make me happy are:
- Serving Jesus with all of my heart. The road of life is not always smooth, but my Savior is always faithful, merciful and gracious to guide me every step of the way. I’ll never regret giving my life to Him.
- Being a wife and mother. It was a my dream as a little girl to get married and have children. I’ve been living my dream for the past fourteen and twelve years respectively.
- A good cup of coffee. I start my day out with a good cup of coffee to sip while I read my Bible. The best part of waking up is Starbucks or Seattle’s Best in my cup! 🙂
- Smiles. I love to smile and I love it even more when someone smiles back.
- Girlfriends. There is nothing like a good long talk with a dear friend to brighten any day or situation. And girlfriend getaways have been some of the most fun I’ve ever had.
- Giving. I get great joy out of putting together little packages for people for special occasions or no occasion at all.
- Mary Engelbreit’s art. I’ve loved her art since high school and can always find a reason to buy some new notecards or notepads with her work on it.
- A clean house. I can rest and enjoy a day or a nice evening after I’ve just done my weekly cleaning. It’s like everything has a fresh start for the coming week.
- Happy endings. I know sad endings are a reality in life, but I must admit I love a good chick flick or book with clean romance and a happy ending. Enter Karen Kingsbury or Jeanette Oke or Beverly Lewis.
- Finishing a tough workout. Being that this is a weight loss blog I shall end with the fact that I have recently begun finding great joy in finishing a good workout, or a day of the Couch to 5K program. It means I’m making progress and doing something good for my body instead of ignoring it. 🙂
Now, I’m supposed to pass this on to other bloggers. I’m going to pass it on to just a few people that are new followers and commentors on my blog.
Gina at Fit at 41, Maybe 42 – Back at you! I think being from Arizona links us, even though neither of us lives there now.
Lori at Finding Radiance – I’ve found great encouragement and great food ideas on her blog.
Syl at Live, Smile, Run – I started following her blog as I got interested in running. She’s a 5′ 4″ blonde (like me) who looks great after losing 80 pounds and I hope to look that great some day also. 🙂
Tricia at Endurance Isn’t Only Physical – I also came across her blog when I got interested in running. Seeing that she couldn’t run at all a year ago and is now preparing for a half marathon is impressive. This is also because of the weight she has lost this past year. Very inspiring.
Staci at Weight Loss Mama – She always stops by with a kind, supportive word and is doing well in her weight loss journey as well.
Diane at Fit to the Finish – I could and probably will forward any award I give to her. She has been very patient with me in my weight loss journey and encouraged me every step of the way. Diane, no pressure to do this, I just had to say it one more time.
That’s it for today folks. Now for me to go and catch up on all of your blogs! 🙂