Thank you for the well wishes about being sick and such. I am feeling better; now I’m trying to get rid of the annoying phlegm and cough that doesn’t want to leave. Thankfully, there are no more real aches and pains and more energy for holiday happenings. 🙂
Not only have I felt better with regards to being sick, I have felt better with regards to my health. I’ve made better food choices and gotten some regular activity in. Nothing drastic, but enough to see the scale make a downwards turn. I’m grateful.
- I will exercise at least 30 minutes at least 4 times a week. I’m getting it done. For a split second I was tempted to feel bad because I wasn’t running or doing anything intense and then I reminded myself my goal is to do intentional exercise 30 minutes, I am not committed to a race or a weight lifting match, so I shall not beat myself up if I am *only* walking.
- I will eat “weight-loss” portions and healthier options, tracking my food on My Fitness Pal, so I will see a loss of at least 10 pounds. The scale is going back down and I’m grateful. I’ve decided I probably won’t share how much until I hit maybe 185, because I have been where I am today and not gotten past it lately. I’ll share when I feel it’s more worth sharing and for sure on the last day of this challenge. I do weigh myself regularly, so I’m not avoiding that don’t worry.
- I will drink at least 32 oz. of pure water a day. This is also getting done. Again, choosing water for a meal really helps me get more water in. I’m a coffee drinker and that tends to make up a lot of my fluids, but I keep a 32-ounce water bottle on my kitchen counter and I am getting it down.
- I will bake and enjoy holiday treats within reason, making sure to track what I eat no matter how high the calorie count. This is a yellow, because I haven’t tracked so great. However, until yesterday, I have done really well staying away from the sweets. As I was baking yesterday I felt the need to “snack” on some yummy pretzel/chocolate treats I had made. I’m not overly concerned, but I am being careful. I was grateful to feel true hunger by dinnertime despite my sweet snacks and made sure to eat a smaller serving since I had helped myself to some treats earlier in the day.
- I will strive for a balance between challenging myself to stick to a healthier plan and allowing myself to mess up. THIS is going really well. I think I’ve had an “ah-ha” moment again and I’ve finally become desperate enough to make the changes that will help me get healthier and stay healthy. However, I have made the decision that while some sacrifices will need to be made to lose the weight I am not beating myself up for bumps in the road, like the sweet treats yesterday. I have another post brewing on how things are feeling like my old (newer) self again and I’m so grateful.
Thanks for stoping by! I’m going to get some presents wrapped while my kids are at school and then do a little baking or sewing, I haven’t decided which yet. 🙂
Have a good weekend!