This has been the week that arrives monthly where everything goes up. The cravings for sweets, the scale and the food. So, unfortunately I wasn’t really thrilled with, oh, pretty much anything. I just told myself to wait it out and things would start feeling normal again.
Today things are feeling back to normal, so that is good.
Here’s my update:
- I will exercise at least 30 minutes at least 4 times a week. This will be done. I have enjoyed two runs so far this week and look forward to my third tomorrow. I’m doing strength today. I’m pretty slow out there running, but I love that I’m shooting for time goals right now and not distance. It’s been nice.
- I will eat “weight-loss” portions and healthier options, tracking my food on My Fitness Pal, so I will see a loss of at least 10 pounds. Fail. During my monthly this is rarely a successful week with food and the scale going down. I don’t want to post my weight because it jumped quite high early in the week, but as I ponder it I think I will so you can see how crazy my body is behaving. I jumped to 194.5 over the weekend and am back down to 192 today. So, either the scale being lower a couple days last week was a fluke or this month my PMS wreaked havoc on my body. I actually felt bloated for days and that is rare for me. However, I know I wasn’t eating healthier options, so I wasn’t surprised it was up… just surprised by how much. Anyway, I’m embarrassed and frustrated to have to share that, but now you know. I’m back to 0/10 lost for this challenge. Sigh.
- I will drink at least 32 oz. of pure water a day. This has actually gone pretty good. Yesterday was the only day I didn’t drink any water at all; I was very busy all day morning ’til night.
- I will bake and enjoy holiday treats within reason, making sure to track what I eat no matter how high the calorie count. I didn’t bake, though sweets were eaten plenty of times, and only tracked maybe 50% of the week. I did track a couple of higher days and it explained why my scale doesn’t go down. That is the point, so I really need to stick to this goal of tracking again. It’s a helpful tool for me.
- I will strive for a balance between challenging myself to stick to a healthier plan and allowing myself to mess up. I’m temped to put a fail here, because I was very upset a few days over this weight I’ve gained. The monthly hormonal fog always magnifies the depressing things. However, I know what needs fixing and I reminded myself this week is always bad and to simply push through it. So, it’s not a total fail…I allowed myself to mess up and didn’t beat myself up to badly. 🙂
All in all it was an okay week. It was normal for my monthly (with the exception of the scale jumping so high), so I’m okay with that (..now that it’s over and my monthly emotional fog has lifted). It’s life and life happens.
Quite honestly, I have days I don’t think I’m going to hit that goal of losing 10 pounds by the end of the year, but I won’t let myself quit this challenge and put off losing weight until the New Year … I’d probably end up gaining another 10 over Christmas if I did that.
So, I’m here. I’m not quitting and I’m looking for better things this week.
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you all have a nice weekend!