Well, this week went better than the last. The scale isn’t down, but I’m figuring some things out and I’m pretty sure I know what the problem is. I’ve also decided I can’t complain about my weight if I’m not doing what’s necessary to change it.
For the official Healthy Holidays Update Record:
- I will exercise at least 30 minutes at least 4 times a week. This will be done! Woot! I have a post brewing about how adjusting to working out at home has been a HUGE challenge for me, but it’s getting done.
- I will eat “weight-loss” portions and healthier options, tracking my food on My Fitness Pal, so I will see a loss of at least 10 pounds. Weight is the same 192.5, so boo on that, but I did track most days. It’s been eye opening in a different way.
- I will drink at least 32 oz. of pure water a day. Again, I hit this about 75%. I did not buy any diet soda for the house, so I only allow it if I’m eating out. It’s forcing me to drink more water, as in with meals, and this is good.
- I will bake and enjoy holiday treats within reason, making sure to track what I eat no matter how high the calorie count. I have not eaten till stuffed and I have tracked the majority of days even if the calorie count was high, but still not 100%.
- I will strive for a balance between challenging myself to stick to a healthier plan and allowing myself to mess up. I’m almost afraid I’m allowing myself to “fail” too often. Hhhmmm…. It’s what I’m working on. Things have been harder this time around and my darned lazy self just want to keep being lazy, or act like I’m in maintenance when I really need to be acting like I need to lose weight.
So, there we are. I still haven’t had my “stellar” week, but I am figuring out some things. When I get vexed I want to do something strict and drastic, but I keep reminding myself I need to make changes that can last.
I hope you all have a good weekend! I hoping for lots of trick-or-treaters — I have candy for bunches of them. Otherwise, it’s all going into goodie bags to give the kids at church or for my own kids’ lunches for the next six months. 🙂
Thanks for checking in!