Today’s Weight: 164.0
Loss/Gain: – 0.5 lb
Why are we celebrating? Let me count the ways…
- I turned 37 years old this past Tuesday and I’m blessed to be in good health, among other things.
- My husband surprised me with a combined Mother’s Day & Birthday gift of a Canon dSLR Camera and all kinds of things to go with it. It’s a dream come true for me.
- My birthday was spent having all sorts of fun — bowling, shopping and dinner at our favorite Thai restaurant — and I didn’t go over my calorie budget for the day.
- For my free Starbucks birthday coffee I chose a “skinny” (non-fat milk, sugar free syrup) iced vanilla latte, because I knew I wanted to save calories for Thai food.
- Last weekend I was conscious of being careful of my calories and did not gain weight over the weekend as a result.
- I bought a running skirt last night and wore it.
- I also bought some compression shorts, because my thighs are not made to accommodate short shorts that come under the running skirt. lol
- I ran 3 miles in 31:34 last night!
- My daughter informed me yesterday she doesn’t mind hearing me talk about health stuff, because it helps her learn what she’ll need to do if she ever needs to lose weight in the future.
- Oh, and I also lost half a pound the week of my birthday AND after a large loss.
As I was walking after my run this morning a man passed me and our pleasantries went like this:
Man: Morning! How’re you?
Me: Fine and you?
Man: Can’t complain.
Me either, I thought. 🙂