Well it’s Wednesday and I haven’t blogged yet this week. Busy. Busy. 🙂 Here’s a little bit of this and that’s been going on in my life right now:
- At a baby shower on Monday night I was going through the food line and a new friend of mine informed the lady handing out the corn tortillas that “Leah only wants one! I know..” I laughed because it’s true. I’m always asking for a little scoop of the foods and she’s catching on. 🙂
- My son has been a little concerned with his pudgy belly. So we had a quick chat in the car, just he and I, about how (A) he doesn’t need to compare himself with the other 6th grade boys (B) the doctor said he was fine at his physical, so he just needs to keep moving in life (C) this is why mommy limits desserts to one each evening and has mentioned that he can have a serving size of snacks crackers, etc. …which lead to the next thing…
- A day later my son is looking at a box of graham crackers and says, “Mom, they don’t have the serving sizes on this box.” I pointed it out to him and he said, okay. Yep, he’s learning to read the labels and learning that he can be satisfied with ONE serving and not a mountain of crackers. When his sister asked how many grahams she could have yesterday he says, “Two big ones!” I’m so proud of him!
- Yesterday I walked to a Leslie Sansone Christmas 3-Mile walk album and was reminded that I LOVE walking to a beat!! For the past month or so I’ve been walking to audiobooks, but there is something about a good brisk music beat that makes me happy. I ‘m motivated by music.
- Last night while watching the end of The Biggest Loser I had to think…I can’t wait ’til I run like that. There’s something so appealing to me about running. So, today I did 5 minute walk/jog intervals. Why put off ’til “I’m skinny” when I can at least attempt it today? It felt good!
So, it’s been a good week so far! I hope you are having a good week yourselves. I need to shower now and get ready for a mid-morning coffee date with a friend. 🙂
What a proud moment with your son! Isn't it great to be teaching our kids proper nutrition? I wish I would of been taught that stuff, might of caused me a lot of heart ache that I never had to experience.