Okay, ever since I posted about my goals for 2011 I’ve had these nagging thoughts about how I really don’t feel like the new calendar year is MY new year. I started my weight loss journey in May of 2009, so my years begin and end in that month.
Also, for what it’s worth…every major move in my life since I graduated high school has been around May/June. I think something about the end of a school year, major moves and then the “official” start of my weight loss journey all being in May really makes me feel like that’s when my years change…Weird, I know, but this has been bothering me for the past week.
So, after much thought, I’ve decided I’m taking back my 2011 goals. I kept feeling like setting those goals put me with the masses of people who were setting New Year’s resolutions of losing weight and exercising and I don’t want to be a part of that group.
Somewhere around Thanksgiving I was already planning to kick things up a notch after the holidays and really see how close to my goal I could come by my husband’s graduation on June 4, 2011. It seemed fitting to announce those plans around the new year, but it’s just a continuation of my journey, not a new start.
My “new year” will be celebrated in May and my goals to finish out this year of my weight loss journey are as follows:
- Get as close to my goal of 130/135 as I can.
- Get to running regularly and have my speed faster than it is now.
I will be doing this by:
- Using Tap and Track to journal my calories daily, I think right now I’m at 1200 net calories a day, so about 1500 when I work out heavy. I’m going to double check on that.
- Allowing myself only one high calorie day a week.
- Drinking at least 64 oz. of water daily.
- Exercising at least four days a week, maybe even upping the intensity when my schedule allows.
I’m not sure if I’ll be updating whether or not I meet these weekly goals on my Friday weigh-ins. I posted with this today because I want it to have it’s own place in my blog.
Yes, we are entering a new year, but I’m just continuing on in my journey…not really starting anything new. And I’m really excited to keep it going and “get ‘er done”. 🙂
Thanks for allowing me my weirdness! 🙂 Actually, I would’ve done it whether you agree or not… LOL It is “MY New Ending” after all. (said in giggling, lightweight voice)
I’ll be back tomorrow with my weigh-in. 🙂