Just a few random thoughts that went through my head today:
- I had a Boca burger for dinner on a whole wheat bun. If you would’ve ever told me I’d choose to eat a Boca Burger any time up until a month or so ago I would’ve laughed in your face. It was yummy tonight!!
- The style for fall/winter this year is BAGGY. Yep, a teacher at my son’s school (where I sub) has lost some weight also and her pants are baggy. All of my pants and capris are getting really baggy as well. So, we decided baggy is in this season, because we’re trying not to buy new pants until we absolutely have to. May I please remind you this is an awesome feeling for me?!?!?
- Today I was heating up my Weight Watchers frozen meal in the lunchroom and without me even bringing it up a fellow teacher starts talking about eating healthy, losing weight and how she is not in the mood and so is choosing to eat bad right now until she’s motivated to lose again. She’s not that much overweight by any means, but it cracked me up that she felt obligated to say anything to justify her food just by watching me eat my little lunch. LOL
- The above mentioned teacher also told me she HATES exercise. She said, “I can lose weight when I put my mind to it. It’s pretty easy for me, but I’d rather starve myself thin than exercise.” I couldn’t relate to her one bit. I really do enjoy my workouts, if not exactly in the middle of them, then for sure at the end. I kind of sat speechless, because I really couldn’t sympathize with that attitude one bit. Again, may I remind you that is another awesome feeling for me!! [huge grin]
- And, finally, speaking of exercise… When you are looking for a challenge, and you call your friend to ask about that intense workout dvd she downloaded off exercisetv.tv, and she warns you it’s going to kick your butt… believe her. I laughed as I started the workout, 10 lb. kettlebell in hand, and told my kids, “I’m off to beat myself up.” [dramatic pause] Now, I’m shaking as I type because the workout Rock Hard Body By Jake: Xtreme with Steve Maresca that I finished about 15 minutes ago truly did kick my butt. So much so that I had to lower my weight to two three-pound dumbells held together just to make sure I got good form in. I’m going to be sore tomorrow… Yea!! [grin]
So, g’nite my friends and fellow sojourners in this weight loss journey. I’m off to shower, take some ibuprofen to ward off muscle aches and drift off to sleep reveling in the joy that comes from feeling stronger with every good decision I make that benefits my healthiness journey.
Sounds like an awesome workout!!! It's not always fun during but feels so good after… I know how you feel with the co worker I have people all the time at work ask me “do you ever buy your lunch” because everyone goes and gets fast food everyday or the “oh that looks healthy, I wish I could bring healthy stuff” I'm thinking to myself its really not that hard lol anyway awesome job!
You are so sweet!
I loved reading what has been rolling around in your head today! lol
Thank you for the most wonderful comment about the picture. It made me smile when I read it this morning. You got my first smile of the day!
I hope the style for me this fall/winter will be baggy too! Great workout! Keep it up!
Yay for butt-kicking workouts!
In regards to the comment you left me, Lancaster is only about 25 minutes from me! What a small world we live in. I always love fall and chicken corn soup. Soooo good!
Yay for the baggy pants look – but just temporarily right?!! You deserve at least a couple of nicely fitting pants. I love boca burgers too – and so do my kids. We have them about once a month.
Until last week, I was right there with that teacher. I would rather have starved myself than exercise. But now that I'm doing it, I'm becoming addicted to this healthy feeling and I haven't felt any dread about it like I used to and don't try to get out of it. I still don't look forward to it, but I don't avoid it. Kudos for your baggy pants and healthy choices! yay! keep up the good work