Today’s Weight: 194.0
Total Loss So Far: -37.0 lbs
First off, you know I’m beyond thrilled with a loss again. This is the lowest I’ve been on my weight loss journey to date, and I think it’s been about 4-5 years since I’ve been this close to 190. Woo Hoo!!
This week instead of weighing myself every day I only weighed myself two or three times. I wanted to see if not weighing myself daily would make me pay more attention to what I was eating and writing down instead of seeing if a mess up made the scale go up the next day. I think it helped a little, so I’m going to continue that this next week.
Now, on to the deeper thought I wanted to share today.
On Saturday, August 14th, I recommitted myself to my weight loss journey. If you’re new to my blog you can read about it by clicking here. Below is the list of tools I committed to using to commit to my weight loss journey once again.
- I have decided to follow the six-week program from this book “The Beck Diet Solution”. CHECK
- I will journal all of my food, drinks, supplements and exercise in the DietMinder food planner. CHECK
- I will use my iPod touch to help me find calorie counts, calculate things, etc. CHECK
- And I “had” to have a cool, new pink (breast cancer supporting) lead pencil to write in the book and food planner. 🙂 CHECK and I think it really made it more fun to journal, well maybe. I’m into cute pens and such. (giggle)
On August 14th I was 200.0 pounds.
Today, six weeks later, I am 194.0 pounds.
I have lost 6.0 pounds since my recommitment. That is an average of 1.0 pound a week and I am very pleased.
Over the course of the past six weeks I have learned a lot of cognitive therapy, or thinking, tools to help me in my weight loss journey. I’ve learned so much that I think I am not going to stop with it here. I am going to continue reading it each week, but sticking to reviewing one or two concepts per week as I continue on my weight loss journey.
To sum it up:
- I will focus on the concepts that were a little harder to grasp in one day and give myself a week to work on them.
- I will continue to journal all of my food.
- I will continue to use my iPod touch to find calorie information, etc.
- I will continue to use cool, pink lead pencil!
And last, but definitely not least……
- I WILL CONTINUE TO LOSE WEIGHT!
Have a great weekend everyone! I will. 🙂