Today’s Weight: 197.0
Loss/Gain: -3.0 lbs
Total Loss So Far: -34 lbs.
I know when I am 140 pounds, or even 160 pounds, 197.0 will seem like a very high weight, but let me tell you how beautiful and fit I feel. Especially when someone I had seen all summer ran into me on Wednesday and said, “You’ve lost weight!!” No, I haven’t lost more than these three pounds since I saw her last, but it sure boosted my spirits to hear her say that. 🙂
It also boosted my spirits to wear a size 18w skirt that was skin tight when I bought it almost two years ago and have it fit me loose, really comfy loose. Oh, and those 18w capris? They’re going to have to go soon too…I have baggy butt when I wear them. But, right now, I’m so very proud of the baggy butt look. 🙂
On top of losing those three pounds this week, I have…
- jogged three days for 25 minutes straight each time.
- logged all my food daily, even bites of things.
- only gone over my calorie limits one day.
- kept up with week two of The Beck Diet Solution plan I’m following.
And Beck is going well. This week I’ve learned…
- Hunger is not going to kill me. If I’m hungry, but I know I am going to eat in 60 minutes or less, it’s okay to wait and I won’t die.
- I won’t binge if I plan ahead and eat a snack in the early evening when I know we’ll be eating dinner later than normal. (Even if I’m not necessarily starving hungry at the snacktime point.)
- I can pick healthier foods and enjoy them.
That last one is HUGE for me. More than a few times this week I chose the healthier option in food and I enjoyed it. There were no feelings of missing out, or deprivation, or sadness that I couldn’t have something “on my diet”. These are lifelong changes I’m making and they came naturally this week. I will write more on that later.
I feel like something has clicked for me and this is what people feel like who are trying to lose weight. They follow their plan, they work hard, they enjoy it and they see results. It’s a wonderful feeling!!
p.s. As I write the thought crosses my head that I will have weeks where I’m feeling less-than-joyful about eating right, so I’m choosing to revel as much as I can in these happy days. I need to store up good feelings to fight the negative ones that will come from time to time. 🙂
Have a great weekend everyone!! I know I will.