- Having a full meal and then jogging, even over an hour later, isn’t a good idea. I did that tonight and I felt heavy. Yuck.
- Daily water intake is necessary. I’m noticing how parched I get and I know it’s not just because I’m running for longer periods of time. For almost two weeks or more now I haven’t been drinking even half of the water each day that I should be.
- I’m finding myself having to psyche myself up for these straight long runs. For some reason jogging a straight 28 minutes is more daunting than doing intervals. I had no problem doing the C25K when it was just intervals, but now I have to rev myself up and keep myself motivated during the run.
- Having just written that last thought I am reminded of the first week when it was all I could do to push out the last two or three one-minute jogs. Those were HARD.
- No matter how much I might dread the run, or be scared of it, I always look forward to it, because I know I feel so good when I’m done. Not only physically, but emtionally as well because I’m so excited that I have been able to do this…which leads me to my last point…
- I can’t believe I can jog 28 minutes straight through!!!!!!!! In December I decided to try jogging, just to see if I could make it through a mile. I was so excited to jog a mile in 16-17 minutes, even if I was dying and I had to stop there for my workout that day because I was so tired. Today I jogged 1.96 miles in 28 minutes – just over two months after that first attempt – and I probably could’ve gone on a bit longer. I made myself stop at 28 minutes, because that’s all I’m supposed to run for week eight of C25K.
- Oh, and one last thought…I feel silly saying “run” or that I’m a “runner” when my pace is 4.2 on the treadmill, but it sure does sound fun. I figure I can get away with it on my blog, where you are all so gracious with me. Plus, if I keep speaking positively and calling myself a “runner” then it just might happen some day.
My New Ending on InstagramWhile my car is being washed I’m reminding myself... 💭 Life. Happens. and today I said, but I’m going to make sure I get my workout checked off the to-do list, and on the “things to not do” list I’m going to check the “eat all the things to avoid life” box. 😉 Maybe I’ll check back later and let you know if I stuck to the latter. #wishmeluck #oneofthosedays #toomuchtodo #momentsofoverwhelm #butiqorkedout #keepmoving #dontquit #nevergiveup #inthisforlife #onedecisionatatime #fitmom #healthierme #healthierchoices #mynewendingI have been itching to get back to a spin class, so I was pleasantly surprised that our YMCA has spin bikes out with the cardio equipment. 😍 🚴🏼♀️ . . . #mynewending #spin #spinclass #keepmoving #30minworkout #fitmom #activemom #Spincycle #activelifestyle #ymca #dontquit #nevergiveupI got SO MUCH done today, but my workout wasn’t one of those things. 😞 It was really bothering me this evening as I enjoyed resting my feet and working on a baby blanket. __________ I decided I could either be okay with it, or modify the workout and do it at home. __________ I chose the latter and now I will go to bed feeling much more content. 😌 📷PC: My 17-year-old son.Looking for a well-made soy candle or wax melt? Check out the sale going on over at Bridgeway Scented Market this week. Link is temporarily in my profile. ❤️🌿 _______________________________ Bridgeway Scented Market has been my favorite for wax melts since I started buying from her at a local shop when I lived in North Carolina. In the 4-5 years I’ve been a customer I’ve seen Tamara continue to put out a fine product. I’ve tried her candles, room sprays and wax melts. Her ability to come up with new scents to match the seasons, all while keeping old favorites around, amazes me. _______________________________ I branched out and ordered 4 newer scents this time and I’m in love! Her descriptions were spot on, and I was pleased to smell what I hoped from each one. Thank you @bridgewayscentedmarket for more great products. I don’t think I’ll ever tire of being grateful to be able to obtain your awesome products even though I now live states away! ❤️I am in love with this new fabric from @linenbouquetdesigns! 😍 Her packaging and customer service are spot on! ... #mynewendinghobbies #springflorals #lbdfabrics #fabriclove #somuchfabricsolittletime #basicsewing #sewingforme #shopsmall #etsyseller #justsayinfloral #rileyblake #mymindseyeDon’t Quit —> Do it. 💐 ... Inspired by something I saw on Pinterest and using the Rhonna Farrer app I created this phone wallpaper as a personal reminder. 🌿 See my stories for the full size and feel free to screen shot it and use it yourself. (If it doesn’t work DM me and I’ll DM the full image to you.) . . #mynewending #motivationalmonday #healthychoices #nevergiveup #onedayatatime #dontquit #doit #justdoit #takecontrol #youonlyhaveonelife #makeeachdaycount #digitalart #iphoneart #wallpaper #rhonnadesigns #rhonnadesigns_app #makingdreamscometrue #healthandhappiness #makeaplan #sticktoit