- Having a full meal and then jogging, even over an hour later, isn’t a good idea. I did that tonight and I felt heavy. Yuck.
- Daily water intake is necessary. I’m noticing how parched I get and I know it’s not just because I’m running for longer periods of time. For almost two weeks or more now I haven’t been drinking even half of the water each day that I should be.
- I’m finding myself having to psyche myself up for these straight long runs. For some reason jogging a straight 28 minutes is more daunting than doing intervals. I had no problem doing the C25K when it was just intervals, but now I have to rev myself up and keep myself motivated during the run.
- Having just written that last thought I am reminded of the first week when it was all I could do to push out the last two or three one-minute jogs. Those were HARD.
- No matter how much I might dread the run, or be scared of it, I always look forward to it, because I know I feel so good when I’m done. Not only physically, but emtionally as well because I’m so excited that I have been able to do this…which leads me to my last point…
- I can’t believe I can jog 28 minutes straight through!!!!!!!! In December I decided to try jogging, just to see if I could make it through a mile. I was so excited to jog a mile in 16-17 minutes, even if I was dying and I had to stop there for my workout that day because I was so tired. Today I jogged 1.96 miles in 28 minutes – just over two months after that first attempt – and I probably could’ve gone on a bit longer. I made myself stop at 28 minutes, because that’s all I’m supposed to run for week eight of C25K.
- Oh, and one last thought…I feel silly saying “run” or that I’m a “runner” when my pace is 4.2 on the treadmill, but it sure does sound fun. I figure I can get away with it on my blog, where you are all so gracious with me. Plus, if I keep speaking positively and calling myself a “runner” then it just might happen some day.
A Few Of My Thoughts on Running
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.
you are doing great Leah, and how great that you are noticing all these things and fixing them.
I too find that I run better when I haven't eaten, I normally try to have something really small 1 hour before running, but boy do I make up for it when I get back 🙂
Cool runnings eh?
I also love the feeling of being done and the rush of excitement I get when running 🙂
I love your post today!! I just started 'running' around december too. And although I 'go running', I am only up to running 1/2 mile before going into a fast walk to recover. You hit the key things I feel about running to a T! At one point I thought 'I hate this!', but 3 days without running and I feel like I crave it like Chocolate. And I can't simply go for a walk now, I crave that pounding heart rate and pushing myself a little more each time. I'm not sure what the C25K is, but i think I need to look into it. Also, I want to read a book suggested on another blog called “CHI running” by Danny Dreyer.
My number one prob is that if I see someone else on my 'run', I go into a walk. I keep thinking they are thinking “why is that fat lady trying to run”…gotta get those words out of my head and just do it 🙂