- Having a full meal and then jogging, even over an hour later, isn’t a good idea. I did that tonight and I felt heavy. Yuck.
- Daily water intake is necessary. I’m noticing how parched I get and I know it’s not just because I’m running for longer periods of time. For almost two weeks or more now I haven’t been drinking even half of the water each day that I should be.
- I’m finding myself having to psyche myself up for these straight long runs. For some reason jogging a straight 28 minutes is more daunting than doing intervals. I had no problem doing the C25K when it was just intervals, but now I have to rev myself up and keep myself motivated during the run.
- Having just written that last thought I am reminded of the first week when it was all I could do to push out the last two or three one-minute jogs. Those were HARD.
- No matter how much I might dread the run, or be scared of it, I always look forward to it, because I know I feel so good when I’m done. Not only physically, but emtionally as well because I’m so excited that I have been able to do this…which leads me to my last point…
- I can’t believe I can jog 28 minutes straight through!!!!!!!! In December I decided to try jogging, just to see if I could make it through a mile. I was so excited to jog a mile in 16-17 minutes, even if I was dying and I had to stop there for my workout that day because I was so tired. Today I jogged 1.96 miles in 28 minutes – just over two months after that first attempt – and I probably could’ve gone on a bit longer. I made myself stop at 28 minutes, because that’s all I’m supposed to run for week eight of C25K.
- Oh, and one last thought…I feel silly saying “run” or that I’m a “runner” when my pace is 4.2 on the treadmill, but it sure does sound fun. I figure I can get away with it on my blog, where you are all so gracious with me. Plus, if I keep speaking positively and calling myself a “runner” then it just might happen some day.
My New Ending on Instagram
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.