- Having a full meal and then jogging, even over an hour later, isn’t a good idea. I did that tonight and I felt heavy. Yuck.
- Daily water intake is necessary. I’m noticing how parched I get and I know it’s not just because I’m running for longer periods of time. For almost two weeks or more now I haven’t been drinking even half of the water each day that I should be.
- I’m finding myself having to psyche myself up for these straight long runs. For some reason jogging a straight 28 minutes is more daunting than doing intervals. I had no problem doing the C25K when it was just intervals, but now I have to rev myself up and keep myself motivated during the run.
- Having just written that last thought I am reminded of the first week when it was all I could do to push out the last two or three one-minute jogs. Those were HARD.
- No matter how much I might dread the run, or be scared of it, I always look forward to it, because I know I feel so good when I’m done. Not only physically, but emtionally as well because I’m so excited that I have been able to do this…which leads me to my last point…
- I can’t believe I can jog 28 minutes straight through!!!!!!!! In December I decided to try jogging, just to see if I could make it through a mile. I was so excited to jog a mile in 16-17 minutes, even if I was dying and I had to stop there for my workout that day because I was so tired. Today I jogged 1.96 miles in 28 minutes – just over two months after that first attempt – and I probably could’ve gone on a bit longer. I made myself stop at 28 minutes, because that’s all I’m supposed to run for week eight of C25K.
- Oh, and one last thought…I feel silly saying “run” or that I’m a “runner” when my pace is 4.2 on the treadmill, but it sure does sound fun. I figure I can get away with it on my blog, where you are all so gracious with me. Plus, if I keep speaking positively and calling myself a “runner” then it just might happen some day.
My New Ending on Instagram//Head Held High// Before I decided to take a break from this account I’d written a new blog post about a huge non-scale victory I’ve had recently. ✍🏻 It is posted now and there’s a link to it in my profile. . . . #mynewending #mneblog #holdyourheadup #youareworthit #nonscalevictory #weightloss #weightgain #healthylifestyle #emotionalhealth #mentalhealth #healthblogger #healthblog #em2wl #motherrunner #anothermotherrunner #dontquit #nevergiveup #onestepatatime #keepingitrealI’ve been a bit overwhelmed by scrolling through all the health advice and what is working for everyone and have decided this is what I need right now. 💙 Change requires patience as a person adapts to the new. As a person who has moved every 3-4 years for pretty much all my life I’m familiar with the process. However, it doesn’t always make it easy. 📚 I’ve heard much about this book, and finally decided it was time for me to read it. _______________________________ So, you won’t see me on here for a while, but I have not given up; in fact, my scale is trending downward (for those that follow me for my health journey.) I am continuing the fight...just in a slightly different way right now. 💞 Happy Autumn!//My favorite caffeinated mix in a new mug. // Recently I was asked if there is anything I absolutely won’t give up food-wise in my eating plan. —> My answer: Half n Half in my coffee. 🍶 _______________________________ I gave up flavored, sugar laden creamers years ago, but I will always make Half n Half fit into my food budget. 😍☕️ It’s worth it every time! . . . #nationalcoffeeday #mynewending #mneeats #starbucks #frenchroast #casicielo #seattlesbest #coffeelover #morningcoffee #bestpartofwakingup #afternooncoffee #itscoffeeoclock #darkroast #espresso #dopio #affogato #thisgirlrunsoncoffeeandjesus #sustainablehealth #healthychoices #myfavorite #weightloss #weightgain #planformaintenance #makingitwork #mylifeWe still do. 💍 Celebrating 23 years of marriage today! _______________________________ On September 24, 1995 we were young and didn’t know much about “adulting”, much less marriage, but one thing we did know was to put Jesus as the head of our home. We both agree that decision and every little decision afterwards to serve Jesus and work on our marriage are how we have made it this far. ❤️ Here’s to continuing to make those decisions ‘til death do us part. . . #westilldo #iloveus #marriageisworthfightingfor #mynewending #throughthickandthin #mybff #myanchor #healthylifestyle #truelovewaits #madeforeachother #marriage365 #onedayatatime #ichooselove #jesusfirst #healthyrelationships🍂Happy First Day of Fall!🍂 We got some nice cooler weather this evening here in Southern Texas today and I’m loving in! 🧡 . . PC: Random Autumn word art picture from Google search.Great sign, @hobbylobby !! 😂👌🏻🤣 I think I’d add this to my Christmas wish list for a little kitchen collage wall. 😍