- Having a full meal and then jogging, even over an hour later, isn’t a good idea. I did that tonight and I felt heavy. Yuck.
- Daily water intake is necessary. I’m noticing how parched I get and I know it’s not just because I’m running for longer periods of time. For almost two weeks or more now I haven’t been drinking even half of the water each day that I should be.
- I’m finding myself having to psyche myself up for these straight long runs. For some reason jogging a straight 28 minutes is more daunting than doing intervals. I had no problem doing the C25K when it was just intervals, but now I have to rev myself up and keep myself motivated during the run.
- Having just written that last thought I am reminded of the first week when it was all I could do to push out the last two or three one-minute jogs. Those were HARD.
- No matter how much I might dread the run, or be scared of it, I always look forward to it, because I know I feel so good when I’m done. Not only physically, but emtionally as well because I’m so excited that I have been able to do this…which leads me to my last point…
- I can’t believe I can jog 28 minutes straight through!!!!!!!! In December I decided to try jogging, just to see if I could make it through a mile. I was so excited to jog a mile in 16-17 minutes, even if I was dying and I had to stop there for my workout that day because I was so tired. Today I jogged 1.96 miles in 28 minutes – just over two months after that first attempt – and I probably could’ve gone on a bit longer. I made myself stop at 28 minutes, because that’s all I’m supposed to run for week eight of C25K.
- Oh, and one last thought…I feel silly saying “run” or that I’m a “runner” when my pace is 4.2 on the treadmill, but it sure does sound fun. I figure I can get away with it on my blog, where you are all so gracious with me. Plus, if I keep speaking positively and calling myself a “runner” then it just might happen some day.
My New Ending on InstagramI’m loving my new fitspiration journal. 😍 It’s undated, so there’s no pressure to journal every single day. Gratitude and health goals prompt each day’s entry, and the pages are embellished with fun facts and bits of healthy inspiration, such as this. _______________________________ Sometimes I glance over the bits of fact and quotes and sometimes they push me to think a little deeper about my health journey. ❤️✍🏻 New blog post up: Choosing Uncomfortable. 📲 Link in profile.This is my goal for the week: Meet my protein goal of 30% of my daily intake each day. I may update daily in my stories, but for sure at the end of the week. . . . #mynewending #mneeats #em2wl #ctdm #7dayproteinchallenge #notlowcarb #moreprotein #buildmuscle #livehealthy #realfood #macros #countingmacros #countingcalories #balanceddiet #weightloss #weightgain #nevergiveup #healthycomebackMy husband asked if I could give up the Y for a bit while we settle from our move and get our 3rd child into college. I agreed, knowing I could work out at home, but I was going to try and talk him out of it when I saw how nice our YMCA is here. However, the family price is $35 more than our old one. So, I knew it needed to go for now. ______________________________ My main fitness goal is running and I don’t run well in in the heat. When I saw a @planetfitness near my neighborhood I got excited. Between their great $10/month membership and my husband’s 100% support of my efforts we had a deal! 🎊 . . . #mynewending #mnemoves #anothermotherrunner #mneruns #onefootinfrontoftheother #couch25k #week1done #planetfitness #goals #healthylifestyle #fitmom #nevergiveup #ctdm #em2wl #5KWhen you want to grab a shot of all the feet because we are helping each other with our goals and we made it to the gym today (💪🏻👏🏻) aaand they (the “aspiring adults” as we now call our college age kids) want to show off their “awesome quads” in the process. 🙄😂🤣😂🤷🏼♀️📸 . . . #mynewending #exercise #fitness #fitnessgoals #mneruns #fitfam #healthylifestyle #awesomequads #keepmoving #runday #squats #gymrats #motivation #encourageeachother #supportivefamily #accountability #summerworkouts #nevergiveupOn a lighter note.. Stole this from the internet..😂😂224.2 is my current number. To admit it publicly is on the edge of humiliating. I want to remove all my followers so you won’t know how bad it’s gotten; especially all those who know me personally. 😞 Yet, while it’s humbling, I share it because if I’ve ever tried to be one thing it’s honest. So, there it is. I’m humbled. ✍🏻 New blog post up. Link is in my profile.